The Table of Contents for The Graphic Design Textbook, as shown below, gives you an overview of the content to come. As we publish the posts we will update with links here as well as in the sidebar.
GRAPHIC DESIGN IN CONTEXT
Graphic Design History
- What Eventually Led to Modern Graphic Design
- Graphic Design in Relation to the Art Movements
- A Brief History of Graphic Design (A Timeline)
Real World Concerns
- What is Graphic Design?
- Who is Involved in a Graphic Design Project?
- How Graphic Design Works
- Why Graphic Design matters
GRAPHIC DESIGN IN THEORY
Graphic Design Principles
- The Basic Elements of Graphic Design
- The “Rules” of Graphic Design (6-10)
- The Anatomy of Letterforms
- Families and Classifications
- The Anatomy of Type
- How Type Works
- The Science of Color
- The Art of Color
- The Anatomy of a Grid
- How to Make and When to Break a Grid
GRAPHIC DESIGN IN PRACTICE